These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Michael Salerno was recently hired as the general manager for Neighborhood Services at Omni Frisco Hotel in Frisco, Texas.
1. What are you looking forward to in your new role as General Manager for Neighborhood Services at Omni Frisco Hotel?
I look forward to the opportunity of taking my experience and passion for the food and beverage industry to such well-known brands as the Dallas Cowboys and Omni Hotels & Resorts.
2. How do you think your past industry experience has prepared you for this role?
I grew up in the restaurant business. I was exposed to the industry at a very young age – and if it has taught me anything, it is to always focus on providing a high-level of service and to not over think or over complicate what we do.
3. What goals do you have in mind for the hotel this year and further down the line?
Ensuring a smooth transfer of an independent restaurant into the inner workings of a full-service upper upscale hotel.
4. How did you get into the industry?
I was born into the industry. My father Michael Salerno opened his first restaurant when I was just two months old. I started a summer job washing dishes at his restaurant in Flower Mound, and after progressing through the different roles in the restaurant, I discovered that it was in fact my passion. I have not looked back since.
5. What do you enjoy most about the hospitality industry?
I enjoy the personal interactions with guests—it’s wonderful to be help facilitate their special moments in life.