In 1919, the Red Cross Convalescent House at Vancouver Barracks was dedicated. The house provided comfort for patients at the Vancouver Barracks hospital in Vancouver, Washington. Two years later, it became the noncommissioned officers club and service club. Today, the historic property is known simply as the Red Cross Building and serves as a beautiful backdrop for special events.
The sunlit property can accommodate up to 250 guests. Spaces include the main room and porch, and a courtyard brick patio. The building’s ambiance is enhanced by French doors, a brick fireplace and the original hardwood floors. Twenty-first century amenities include state-of-the-art HDTV projection capabilities. It’s managed by Historic Trust Properties.