These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salvador Abaunza was recently hired as the general manager at the Scarlet Huntington in San Francisco, Calif.
1. What are you looking forward to in your new role as general manager of The Scarlet Huntington?
To create the awareness that Nob Hill a fantastic location the allows our guests to enjoy the vistas of the city and Bay in a serene setting.
2. How do you think your past industry experience has prepared you for this role?
Early on I was lucky to enter into the luxury hotel market and I have never looked back.
3. What goals do you have in mind for The Scarlet Huntington this year and further down the line?
To establish it as the premiere luxury boutique hotel in San Francisco!
4. How did you get into the industry?
I was in between jobs, living at home, and my father insisted that I apply for the opening of the first Crowne Plaza at San Francisco Airport. I never meant to make a career out of hospitality but 33 years later, it was the best piece of advice my father gave me.
5. What do you enjoy most about the hotel?
The colleagues, the guests, its rich history and location.